Appointments – 01270 376666
Cancellation Line – 01270 376888


Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time they arise with the person concerned and this may be the approach you try first.

Where you are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days as this helps us to establish what happened more easily. In any event this should be:

Within 12 months of the incident or within 12 months of you discovering that you have giving as much detail as you can.

If you are a registered patient you can complain about your own care.

If you want to complain on behalf of someone else about their treatment you will need to obtain their written authority. See the section below.

We are able to provide you with a separate complaints form to register your complaint and this includes a third-party authority form to enable a complaint to be made by someone else.

Patients can fill out a complaints form at the desk also or email

You can provide your complaint in your own format providing this covers all the necessary aspects. Please send your written complaint to:

Bryony Joyce – Deputy Operations Manager
Earnswood Medical Centre
Eaglebridge Health & Well Being Centre
Dunwoody Way

What we do next

We look to settle complaints as soon as possible.

We will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days and aim to have looked into the matter within 10 working days. You may then receive a formal reply in writing or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue. If the matter is likely to take longer than this we will let you know and keep you informed as the investigation progresses.

When looking into a complaint we attempt to see what happened and why to see if there is something we can learn from this and make it possible for you to discuss the issue with those involved if you would like to do so.

When the investigations are complete the outcomes of your complaint will be finalised and a response sent to you.

Where your complaint involves more than one organisation (e.g. social services) we will liaise with that organisation so that you receive one coordinated reply. We may need your consent to do this. Where your complaint has been sent initially to an incorrect organisation we may seek your consent to forward this to the correct person to deal with.

The final response letter will include details of the result of your complaint and also your right to escalate the matter further if you remain dissatisfied with the response.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

We keep to the strict rules of medical and personal confidentiality. If you wish to make a complaint and are not the patient involved we will require the written consent of the patient to confirm that they are unhappy with their treatment and that we can deal with someone else about it.

Please ask at reception for the Complaints Form which contains a suitable authority for the patient to sign to enable the complaint to proceed.

Where the patient is incapable of providing consent due to illness or accident it may still be possible to deal with the complaint. Please provide the precise details of the circumstances which prevent this in your covering letter.

Please note that we are unable to discuss any issue relating to someone else without their express

Permission which must be in writing unless the circumstances above apply.

We may still need to correspond direct with the patient or may be able to deal direct with the third party and this depends on the wording of the authority provided.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome

You have the right to approach the Ombudsman. The contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Tel: 0345 0154033

You may also approach Cheshire & Merseyside Commissioning Support Unit for help or advice;

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The PALS service provides confidential advice and support. They can help with any concerns you may have and guide you through the NHS complaints procedure.

After 1st July 2023, members of the public who live in Cheshire and Merseyside wishing to make a complaint to the commissioner of a primary care service can contact NHS Cheshire and Merseyside by:

Telephone: 0800 132 996


Post: Patient Experience Team, No 1 Lakeside, 920 Centre Park Square, Warrington, WA1 1QY.


Date published: 10th October, 2014
Date last updated: 25th July, 2023