Earnswood Medical Centre has all the facilities needed for examination, investigation and treatment. It is in your best interests to attend the surgery if at all possible.
Housebound patients should request visits before 10:30am. Home visit and urgent requests may be handled by a doctor or triage nurse to assess the priority of the case and decide the best course of action. This could include advice only, attending an emergency surgery or a home visit.
Please ring after 14:00 for test results.
Your results cannot be given to another person due to confidentiality reasons, unless you have already requested this and it is recorded in your notes.01270 376666.
Most tests take approximately 2 working days to return, with specialised tests taking longer. X-ray and scan results are usually received by the practice 7-10 days after the test was performed. It is your responsibility to telephone for results, as we process large numbers of tests each day and are unable to telephone individual results.
These charges apply in England only.
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients ‘why they need to be seen’. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive the most appropriate medical care from the most appropriate health professional at the most appropriate time.
The receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients to help:
– doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
– ensure patients receive the appropriate level of care
– direct patients to see the nurse or other health professionals rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules:
– Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially.
– The practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with it accordingly.
– You can ask to speak to the receptionist in private, away from the reception desk.
– However, if you feel your issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is, then this will be respected.