We have launched an online consultation service called PATCHS. You can access PATCHS here or by clicking the logo on our website homepage.
Contacting using PATCHS instead of by telephone has a number of advantages for you including:
- Getting help quicker from a GP.
- No queuing on the telephone.
- Ability to submit requests any time day or night (though we can only respond during our opening hours).
- Doing everything on there, prescriptions, consultations, sick notes, checking results etc. Though you shouldn’t use it for emergencies.
- Submitting requests on behalf of someone you care for.
- If the doctor or nurse decides you need an appointment, they will see you ASAP.
Using PATCHS also has advantages for us including:
- Seeing what your request is up front in writing helps us plan our work better.
- Freeing up the telephone for people that cannot use PATCHS e.g. those with emergency problems or if they cannot physically use the internet.
- Helping us save face-to-face and telephone appointments for patients that really need them.
- Helps us reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus to other patients and our staff.